- Reductionism/complexity, arbitrary boundaries between professions: what cultural dysfunctions exist in sport, how should we reframe sport/coaching?
- What knowledge (the parts) is required to be a successful “coach”?
- Apprenticeship model/who is the arbiter of knowledge? What if the mentor possesses relevant knowledge?
- Knowledge vs. application/behavioral change. Is rational thought and logic enough?
- How do we determine where to draw boundaries? Where boundaries must exist, how can organizations communicate seamlessly and without being undermined by ego and politics? How do we avoid redundancy if everybody is a generalist?
- Emotional control/drawbacks of authoritative leadership
- When/If to intervene in elite performers who display mechanical inefficiencies
- Military SOF selection: can it be done better despite the logistical and economic constraints
Links of Interest: