- Craig’s military special operations experiences
- How Craig endured the selection process for a maritime unit without any previous swimming experience
- The differences between preparing for selection and actual missions
- Stress inoculation, toughness, and describe the interplay between the two
- The continuum between skill acquisition and psychological preparation (or what is traditionally regarded as mental toughness)?
- Is “mental toughness” really a thing?
- Why is physical fitness in itself important from a resiliency and adaptation standpoint?
- The phases of motor learning and how they fit into Craig’s stress inoculation construct
- The interplay between challenge and success in developing the ability to perform under pressure
- When and how failure can be a good thing
- A really cool story about a sniper student who was bitten by a rattlesnake
Links of Interest: