As an entrepreneur, Brett has proudly served as a teammate and supporting partner in the strategic growth of two separate performance companies and is a highly sought-after consultant and mentor for many others across the United States and abroad. Additionally, his work and expertise has been featured in numerous local and national media outlets.
His book, Conscious Coaching: The Art and Science of Building Buy-In, achieved “Best Seller” status in the categories of “Sport Coaching” (#1), “Business/Money” (#8), and was ranked in the “Amazon Top 100 Books Overall.”
Brett is a member of the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) where he holds both their CSCS*D & RSCC*D distinctions. He is a proud graduate of Kansas State University, where he obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology, and Southern Illinois University-Carbondale, where he obtained a Master of Science in Education in exercise science with an emphasis on motor behavior, cueing, and attentional focus in human performance.
Topics Covered Include:
- Brett’s evolution as a coach and why he decided to write about behavioral aspects of coaching
- Brett’s assessment about the limiting factor in his ability to achieve an outcome with an athlete
- What do we really need to know vs. what's minutiae in performance?
- Why "soft skills" is a derogatory term/the hard science behind Conscious Coaching
- How Brett audits his own performance
- What is a physical preparation coach’s real purpose
- Managing different personality types in a group session
- Brett’s great coaching moment
Links of Interest: