Contrary to what the title suggests, The Sports Gene exemplifies the multi-disciplinary thinking and anti-specialization this podcast will seek to advance over the months to come. The Sports Gene is really David’s sincere and laudable effort to illuminate the timeless conversation about the balance between nature and nurture.
Some of the topics discussed in this episode include:
- How David’s athletic and academic background inspired him to write The Sports Gene.
- What is the ten thousand hours rule and what does it really say about mastery?
- How to best develop talent at the grassroots level.
- The ethical case for researching and acknowledging biodiversity.
- Reasonable applications of genetic testing.
- How to embrace scientific progress and data without losing the art of coaching and teaching.
- How science can help us determine what technologies are most transferable to performance.
Links of Interest: